Thursday 24 May 2007

Weeded, weeded and hoe'd :)

Watered everything as even with the rain we had, the ground was dry.

Got first flowers on my early potatos so I reckon another 4 weeks and we can harvest some. In fact it will be nice to harvest something. I hope the slugs have not eaten them !

Broads are full of flowers and small pods, gave a good water. Onions going a little yellow at the tops but not bolting and gonig to seed so left them alone.

Main crop pots all up now so earthed them up.

Went around the whole plot with garden shears cutting all sorts of perennials down, some were completely out of control and 4 feet high. Very hard work but satisfying seeing it looking a little nicer.

Brassicas are almost 3 feet high now so might have to remove the netting as its only 4 feet itself. Got some cabbage covers which I will put around them as alot of whites flying around.

Runners at home have grown so fast had to remove a shelf from the greenhouse. Will plant these out next week once I've made a few wigwams.

Tough day in all, had to chase kids who had come in the allotment through the gate and I'd not seen them. The oldest said his Step-Dad would come and beat me up ! I'll risk it :)

No comments: